b.1999. Peruvian/Spanish artist based between London and Madrid, working primarily around migration, language & embodied memory through a wide range of media that includes video, installation, print & self-publishing, social art, and performance.
I am interested in the alternative forms of memory that offer ways of escaping colonial epistemic traditions, looking out for the simple, unconscious everyday actions that become active forms of resistance for migrant communities. I understand language (and especially, orality) as a spatial and bodily practice, and use it in my work as a manifestation of the body archive.
2021 - Chelsea College of Arts: BA Fine Art
2021 - UAL Art Collection: Fingers Become Knives (2021) and Things You Should Know (2020)
Selected Exhibitions & Commissions
- London Spanish Book Fair, performing 'on ghosts' | October 2022 (London, UK)
- The Knowledge of Taste, commissioned by Latin Elephant in partnership with South London Gallery. Part of Inhabiting Spaces, the 2021-2022 public programme of Latin Elephant, supported by the Arts Council England. | July 2022, South London Gallery (London, UK)
- Through the Crowd, curated by Jo Collective | April 2022 - Greatorex Street E.1 (London, UK)
- Finding Home, curated by Tate Collective for Late at Tate Britain | December 2021 - Tate Britain (London, UK)
- Fine Art Degree Open Studios | June 2021 - Chelsea College of Arts (London, UK)
- XHBIT, curated by Arts SU | June 2021 - online showcase
- Safety Blanket performance, curated by Oxford University's Fine Arts Society | February 2020 - Wadham College (Oxford, UK)
- El país de los tuertos 2019 | May 2019 - Círculo de Bellas Artes (Madrid, Spain):
- Festeen | October 2016 - Matadero de Madrid (Madrid, Spain)
Other Work Experience
May 21st 2021 - Online: 'Murals for Resistance' event organiser (for Street Corner Reading Rooms seminar, Chelsea College of Arts, UAL) inviting the collective Colectivo Shipibas Muralistas (Lima, Peru) to discuss their mural-painting practice as part of the Shipibo culture and as a means of collective healing and resistance.
February 3rd - March 1st 2020 - London, UK: 'A Life (Black & White)' - Tate Modern. Performer for the activation of the piece 'A Life (Black & White) by Nedko Solakov.
September 28th 2019 - Madrid, Spain: Workshop Collage & Identidad at Puwerty Festival, La Casa Encendida.